I decided as of last night or this morning that I'm going to start training for a 5k in just over two weeks. I haven't ran in 4 years, so this is a crash course into running. It may be even longer than that since I've ran 3 miles in one go.
But, here is my approach. I'll run 45 minutes a night, or there about. I'll jog down to the stadium from my apartment. Once there, I'll stretch and then jog for about 30 minutes (which, even as out of shape that I've let myself get, allows for at least 2.5 miles). That allows me to switch off between jog and walking. By the seventh time I should be doing at least 3 miles a set. Once I get to about 3.5 miles (about a week and a half in is the goal), I'll start running the actual course that the 5k will take since it's very hill heavy and the track doesn't work that way, obviously. No matter what, I'm doing the 5K. The difference is that I want to do it in under 25 minutes, not something like 40, because that would be embarrassing but good for me to do it nonetheless.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blake says:
Wow. Good luck with that. I hope your knees hold up through it. Inspiring though. I'm getting into shape, little by little. I have lost a little weight, but I can't tell how much for sure. Just my cheeks show it for now. Let me know how your training goes.
May 27, 2009 at 11:58 PM