It dawned on me today how much my blog has changed over the past couple semesters. It used to be a lot more uplifting. I'd post about God's hand in my life and now it takes me forever to even find those posts. But, it was while I was texting a friend that I went through my posts in my head and realized how sad they have been. They haven't been this bad since I was less active. I just take things for granted far too much anymore. I'm so very much blessed. Heck, at what other point in my life would I have been able to by new wheels and tires for my car and not worry if I'd be able to sell the old ones. Even larger, at what other point would I have been able to purchase a car, my own car.
It's weird really. I think of all the hours that I put in, all the work that I do and all the acclaim deserve. But, in turn, what do I even deserve? I have the job I have because the Lord was merciful to me. I have the position on campus that I have because the Lord, for some crazy reason, put trust in me. My body hurts all over, but it could be worse. Everything could be so much worse, but the Lord knows me and treats me as I need. And, if things get worse, it is because the Lord has put trust in me that with His help, I can accomplish anything.
I hope that I can do decent in the 5K, but I know that with the Lord I'll finish it. I know that there is a midnight 5K at the end of the semester. If I use this 5K as a judging point (since I'll only have been running for 3 weeks), I can actually gauge myself against myself. That excites me greatly.
And, despite the million meetings I have had today, each one taught me deeply of what I can become one day. I don't know what I'm going to do. I may even add a semester, which is after counseling with my old Stake President. But, no matter what I choose, the Lord loves me and will help me choose the path that I need to do what He needs me to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 Comments
Post a Comment