Thursday, March 20, 2008

Why do I fall...

Posted in by Alex P. Leith | Edit
in love with every girl who shows me the littlest bit of attention…

Falling has been my theme for the day. I first plan on getting up at 6:30am to study my scriptures, fell asleep until 9am (which is when my first class started). After speedily getting ready for class and making it there by 9:15am, I worked on a few things to make it through the day. After my last class of the day, physics, I worked my way back up to Aspen. Walking up the large stairs beside the Hinckley building I trip on one of the stairs and fall upwards, sadly my hands were jammed too far into my pockets to catch myself, so I had to fall out to my right side, hitting my shoulder and knee on the stairs. After looking around and realizing that there was no one to see me, I picked myself up and continued on my way. Then, about the second set of stairs in the Hinckley parking lot was met with the same fate, except this time I was semi-prepped, so I got my hands out to catch myself. The rest of the day was counterproductive... well, anti-productive. We helped Alister with his Social Norm Violation project for psychology; wherein, we made a train of carts and pushed them around Albertsons. The final fall of the day occurred after posting my acceptance of Jersey's invitation to Sadie's, caught a sheet of ice and fell on my hands on pavement. Now my hands are gashed open and my knee is really messed up, just haven't taken a look at it yet.
The title is from Eternal Sunshine for the Spotless Mind, and always comes to my head when I'm put in the position that I've put myself in now. I will eventually figure it out, but for now it's just fun thinking.
I will write more between classes, if I feel thus impressed.

0 Comments