Monday, April 21, 2008

I'm exhausted but...

Posted in by Alex P. Leith | Edit
thing would be amidst if I didn't at least write a little bit in here. Today was highly efficient, at least I feel so. I woke up at 3:15am to allow adequate time to get ready for work (include my slimfast breakfast). I got to work and found out there were only three of us today, there are suppose to be 9-10. This made the day rather frantic, but fairly enjoyable for the first day of a job that goes from 4am-7am. And, I didn't realize it, but it's 6 days a week, so I can't go out on Friday nights either, unless I just stay up through the night. But, after work I went and "worked-out" for 30 minutes, I only cycled, so it wasn't the most effective, but I'll probably do weights instead since I can get more done in less time. Following this I came back to the apartment, showered, shaved, and had another slimfast before I had to leave (I figured out today, however, that it's more effective to eat an actual lunch, then have a slimfast for dinner). Then I went to buy my books. Creative Writing, my first class of the day, seems like it will be a great class. It has much potential at least. Since my Intro to Philosophy class was canceled, I ran to the Kimball to get my check for the apartment, and cash out the rest of my loans so that I can get them in the bank so that I"ll have money for the next few weeks, hopefully longer. I then headed back so that I could make it to my Fundamentals of Literary Interpretations, or whatever it's called. It scared when when I first walked in since it is one of the larger classrooms, so I was expecting a large class, which I never really enjoy. Students start filtering in a little bit after I get there, all 11 of them. Yes, I have a class with 12 students. It's going to be crazy, no slacking allowed on my side. My final class of the day was Modern Philosophy. I have Alan Witt and Cory Hill in there, so it should be entertaining, especially since they both are in the class because they love the teacher.
After I got out of that class I went to the library to borrow a copy of The Great Gatsby, and to print out a copy, so that I can read a familiar format, but have the text to make commentary on also. About the time that Keith and I got back from the library, it was time for us to get ready for the ward social. Seeing that I just got back about 30 minutes ago, enough time to check all my e-mails and write in here, I haven't had too much time to get tired. But, seeing that I now am, I'm off to bed.
Later everyone.

0 Comments