Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day?

Posted in by Alex P. Leith | Edit
Father's Day is an interesting holiday for me, for those who know me know why. But, I do know that there are certain fathers that I wouldn't be here without, which I'm excluding my "father" since I was born because of him, nothing that I am today is because of him. I will only give backstory to the most important one, though I could go on forever about each of these men.

Grandpa: My Grandpa was your typical army Sargeant Major. He was strict, but loving. He cared for you, but made sure you knew right from wrong. He wasn't religious, but he would do anything for that which he cared about. I wish I would have spent more time with him, but he was on every good campout that I ever had and we had very interesting conversations on long drives. I do believe that if he were alive today, he'd be mostly proud of me, and that's what matters to me.

Also, Rich Carr, President Yardley, and President Ririe have made huge impressions on my life and I'm eternally thankful.

I hope to take things from each of these people and place them into my life when I become a father so that I can help my children as I have been helped.

Love each of you!

0 Comments