Monday, March 31, 2008

That's it...

Posted in by Alex P. Leith | Edit
That's my day. I got an e-mail today that they want me to be an I-Rep Leader for 2nd Summer block. I'm wanted as an I-Night volunteer. Liz wants me to be a Manager in the service department, but still have to fill out the insanely long application for it. I had my interview for RA next semester. Had a talk with Carly, ended different then I wanted, but sadly predictable.
I'm probably going to stay up all night and work on my Ancient Political Theory. Get my mind focused on more productive things.
As far as today's activities goes, Theory of Language was okay, worked on editing. The final for that class will be take home, which is completely comforting. Then I went to work on Physics, and failed at that. Ancient Political Theory was dubbed a free day, so I went to work on physics some more, and failed again. Now I'm even further behind in that class and Ancient Political Theory. After this gap I went for my RA interview, which considering the other individual for the position, I should have it, but there is no telling what happens in my life. Then I went to physics. After sitting down in my class in the Romney, I realized I didn't have my exam that was due, so I had to walk all the way to my apartment and back to the Romney. When physics was over, I walked back to the apartment to get picked up by one of my physics classmates so we all could grab pizza together and just chill. It was pretty fun. Then I had FHE, got out of the lesson, which I didn't necessarily want, but it's good to let other people teach. Then had the Carly conversation, which led me to talking Blake and Mandy into a Horkley's run. Now, I'm just posting here.
I'm thinking for next semester I'm going to try to get the 4am-7am custodial job, then working out at 7:30am. After working out I'll freshen up, go to classes, then come home and sleep. With the fact that outside of class and work I plan on being pretty boring this forthcoming semester, I'll be perfectly fine with sleeping from 2 until 9, or so. But, that's just me. We'll see. I just really need a 4.0 GPA for the next couple semesters to raise my GPA to a respectable level.

This is enough for here tonight, though there are 4892752 things going through my mind, it's not productive to put them all to words at this time.

Hand of the Lord in my Life today: RA interview.

A few old poems and the such, been meaning to post them randomly on here:

One Last Goodbye
Never imagined times like these,
living life on the cuff of our sleeves.
Holding on for one more minute,
my heart has gone too far in it.
Life of old feels all renewed,
our attention, to each other glued.
We've left too often in the past,
fearing this one will be the last.
Never will we embrace again,
a pain piercing my very skin.
As I walk away from you, so slow,
my feet deny to even go.
I break and try to move an inch,
my body turns back on a pinch.
Holding tight, my body like lead,
one final kiss to the forehead.
Then make my walk away from you,
the only thing that's ever felt true.

The Game of All Times
Greatest liar this side of Broadway,
Playing the games that we all play.
You matter, I care, I swear I do,
Words that aren't quite so true.
I'll love you until the end of days,
Or until I decide we go our separate ways.
I'm sorry, it's me, you're perfect, no lie,
Even cross my heart and hope to die.
It's funny now, how simple things are,
When I step back and look from afar.
It's a pity, I now see through the games,
Just another friend to put in the frames.
Your better in every way, I confess,
From your gorgeous hair, past the hem of your dress.
The dirt on which you walk sings your praise,
Much like a nirvanic drug induced daze.
I only longed for honesty and goodwill,
Not for every story, filled with strategically placed frill.

Regrets and Wasted Chances:
I regret to say I lied to you,
When I said that friendships fine.
Though it’s partially true,
I couldn’t finish my whole line.
There is so much I could say,
So much I want to do.
But the chances fade away,
And forced to something new.
Regrets and wasted chances,
Lose me as you move right past.
I’ve past up my life’s dances,
While you’ve put chance last.
I wish I could say the right words,
I wish I could turn you around.
As you try to avoid the herds,
You ignore what might be found.
Though this may not be the end all,
Don’t be afraid to extend your hand.
So when you’re open for a fall,
I will be there when you land.
Regrets and wasted chances,
Lose me as you move right past.
I’ve past up my life’s dances,
While you’ve put chance last.


… drawing a map to his heart, and putting in his dresser drawer.
Waiting for that one right girl, willing to fight this ageless war.

0 Comments