The only difficulty to being the acclaimed speaker in a public speaking class is that when the teacher has a wild hair to get someone to give an impromptu speech, they always call on you. Normally, I don't mind, but this time it was different. She was talking about the power of persuasive speaking. To better illustrate this point, she pulled me up and talked about one of the most persuasive individuals of all-time: Satan. So, the assignment was for me to give a short impromptu speech as to hit on some points that Lucifer probably approached when he led 1/3 of the hosts of heaven away from the true Plan of Happiness.
I have to first let everyone know that the second I started talking, I felt sick to my stomach. What a horrible feeling it was to give reasons why the plan we all chose was wrong. But, I started going through points, none of which I want to repeat, and could see the minds of individuals actual start thinking about the points I was making. Though I don't expect it to have taken any one away from the gospel, it engaged my mind in a very interesting idea: progress.
Would everyone have returned under Satan's plan? Yes. Would the purpose of this earth be accomplished? Heaven's no! We could have acquired bodies but never have been tested. We needed to have good and bad to grow in this life. If we went through life without being able to choose the right, what would we have been able to accomplish?
I also became knowledgeable, in part, to how persuasive the devil must have been. Despite all my flowery speech, I would not have been able to turn the smallest fraction from God whilst they stood in His presence. What must he have really said? What must he have really done? That is intimidating.
That is the end of my rant, just wanted to blog this so I wouldn't forget the terrible feeling that comes with being a true advocate for the devil, not just negating because no one else negates but truly defending the devil.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sandy Jean n Will Demar says:
Wow that's intense! What an interesting thing to think about! Thanks for sharing...
June 10, 2009 at 10:35 PM